Endowment Giving: Supporting The Rice Investment
Endowment support is essential to permanently funding The Rice Investment, as well as securing the university’s future in perpetuity. This quick video explains the Andrews Family endowment, its exponential growth and its extraordinary impact on students. Imagine your own impact and legacy by using the endowment calculator below.
For illustrative purposes only*
Enter a gift amount, and select a year to see what the earnings and payouts of your fund could look like in 5, 10 or even 50 years.
Your exponential impact
About the endowment calculator:
- The results provided by the endowment calculator are hypothetical in nature and are for illustrative purposes only. Results are not guaranteed and do not reflect actual investment results. The illustration should not be relied upon nor deemed as endowment fund advice.
- Growth rates vary from year to year; however, for illustrative purposes, the endowment calculator assumes fixed investment returns of 7.5% per year.
- Likewise, for illustrative purposes, the endowment calculator uses a fixed distribution or payout rate of 4.5% each year, although Rice generally targets a current-year payout rate between 4.5-5.0% over the long term.
- Endowment distributions (payouts) are made available to departments at the beginning of each fiscal year (July 1) based on gifts received by the previous Dec. 31.
- Rice’s investment policy is designed to maintain or grow the purchasing power of the endowment over time and assumes long-term inflation at approximately 2-3%.